The 47-year-old movie star wrote “This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing. No panic”.
The movie star who made this known on his twitter page which was accompanied by a video revealed he is ok and is not showing any symptoms whatsoever. Although, he confirmed he has been isolated since they find out the virus on Friday.
Elba, who is known for his roles in the HBO series “The Wire” said he was tested positive “because I realized I was exposed to someone who had also tested positive.”
He further explained that he learned about that person’s positive test result on Friday. “I quarantined myself and got a test immediately,” Elba said.
He added in the video that “This is serious,” urging people to be vigilant about handwashing and social distancing.
Promising to keep his fans and social media followers posted on his condition, he urged all to stay positive and avoid panic. “If you’re feeling ill or you feel like you should be tested or you’ve been exposed to the virus, do something about it. It’s really important,” he said.
He also called for solidarity and empathy for those affected by the disease and their families. “Look we have lived in a divided world right now. We can all feel it. It’s been bulls–t, but now is the time for solidarity. Now is the time for thinking about each other. There are so many people whose lives have been affected”.
This news platform understands that this Idris Elba news is coming less than a week after the actor Tom Hanks said that he and his wife had tested positive for the coronavirus.
Watch The Video