Prince Harry agreed to do his bombshell Oprah interview with Meghan Markle
less than 24 hours after being told he would be stripped of his military titles,
it was claimed today.
The Duke of Sussex is said to have become ‘angry’ at losing military appointments
in the wake of ‘Megxit’ – a decision revealed on February 19 that was part of the final
deal for him to step back from frontline royal duties.
A ‘very cross’ Harry, 36, agreed to an interview with Oprah Winfrey that weekend,
it was claimed, before the bombshell programme with the US chat show host and his wife
Meghan Markle was broadcast on March 7.
A source told the Sun: ‘Harry and Meghan were very cross before Oprah because the
final Megxit separation had just been signed off which included Harry not keeping
military roles. That was what made him so angry. He’s very emotional and his military
roles were very important to him given that he served.’
It has previously been suggested that the decision to do the interview came after the
Duke and Duchess were reportedly told that their son Archie would not be made a prince
under when Prince Charles becomes king.
The topic was brought up in the couple’s jaw-dropping 90-minute talk with Oprah.
Prince Harry was stripped of his role as Captain-General of the Royal Marines – handed
down to him by his grandfather Prince Philip, as part of the final deal for him to step back
as a front line royal.
It was reported prior to the announcement of the final ‘Megxit’ deal in February that
Prince Harry, who twice toured Afghanistan with the Army, had hoped to keep the titles.
And he is said to have asked the Queen about the possibility, in what was described as a