the Palace has confirmed.
The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was transferred to St Bartholomew’s Hospital from the King
Edward VII hospital for surgery on Monday.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “Following The Duke of Edinburgh’s successful
procedure at St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been
transferred to King Edward VII’s Hospital this morning.
Read Also:Breaking: Prince Philip, 99, has successful heart operation
“The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number
The Duke underwent testing for his pre-existing heart problem at the hospital,
which is one of the country’s leading specialist cardiac centers.
Buckingham Palace confirmed yesterday Philip, who is just three months away from
his 100th birthday, had an operation and will remain in hospital for a “number of days”.
He has so far spent a total of 17 nights being cared for by medics – his longest ever stay
A statement said: “The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure
for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s Hospital.
“His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest, and recuperation
for some days.”
Prince Philip had a stent operation on his heart in 2011. The palace is not commenting
on what type of surgery or operation the duke had this time.
The update comes after the Queen launched a bombshell probe following claims
Meghan had bullied royal staff.