Hoodlums attack Ondo monarch, destroy palace
Hoodlums in Ondo state have unleashed mayhem at an Ondo monarch place , The incident was the second
time in one week, as some youths allegedly burnt down the first palace of the
monarch last week. After the attack, Oba Boboye was said to have moved to the second palace where
he was allegedly attacked again on Tuesday.
The monarch and several others was said to be holding a meeting with some people at the residence
of a High Chief in Igbokoda when the attack took place.
A resident of the community, who identified himself as Ayodeji Agbebi, said the entire community was
awakened when the hoodlums entered the town and started shooting.
In a reaction, the embattled traditional ruler said the attack was targeted at him
He said, “I want the IGP and other security agencies to order an investigation into this matter.
This is a clear case of arson, intimidation, and attempts to kill me and wipe out my family.”
The Ondo State, Police Public Relations Officer Mr Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the incident and said the command
had sent its men to the community to restore peace, He added that an investigation had begun into the matter.