President Donald Trump’s campaign website is briefly ‘seized’ by hackers
who claim to have evidence that ‘proves his criminal involvement with foreign actors to manipulate
the election’ -but spokesman says ‘there was no exposure to sensitive data’
A message appeared on the president’s website that stated “this site has been seized” and the hackers
claimed to have information that proved his ‘manipulation’ of the election.
The hackers posted a fake FBI-style seizure warning and claimed to have hacked various of Mr. Trump’s
devices to gain “full access” to the president and his family.
According to the report, the website experienced difficulties at 7.20 pm ET on Tuesday but was working
normally again by 7.45 pm ET.
“Strictly classified information is exposed proving that the Trump gov is involved in the origin of the
coronavirus,” the hacker’s post read.
“We have evidence that completely discredits Mr Trump as a president, proving his criminal involvement and
cooperation with foreign actors manipulating the 2020 elections. the US citizens have no choice.’
The website was briefly taken offline to be fixed, with Tech observers later saying the hack appeared designed
to collect cryptocurrency.
“Earlier this evening, the Trump campaign website was defaced and we are working with law enforcement
authorities to investigate the source of the attack. There was no exposure to sensitive data because none of it is
actually stored on the site. The website has been restored, ” said Trump campaign communications director