Cosmetic treatment gone wrong
Woman’s ‘heart explodes’ after having cosmetic treatment for stretch marks
A mother-of-three has lost her life after her heart exploded after she underwent a treatment to remove
Claudia Bertodli, 45, reacted negatively to carboxytherapy, which caused her death in a clinic in
Read Also:I hated my big boobs – Abby Zeus
cosmetic treatment gone wrong, carboxytherapy is said to be able to increase the circulation of blood in certain
areas to reduce the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks.
Her brother, Claudio Bertoldi has said Claudia was undergoing her second session of Carboxytherapy at
the center when she suffered complications.
Claudio said that Canal 5 Noticias staff “administered carbon dioxide intravenously,” which made her
heart “explode.” “They injected that into her veins, it went to her heart and they exploded it,” he said.
He claims staff at the clinic “were not trained” and said the procedure should have been carried out
“by a specialist.” The treatment involves infused carbon dioxide which is injected into the body and can
be applied to the face, buttocks, stomach, and legs.